New Sheltie Owner!

For general Sheltie chat, local meetups, and new members to introduce themselves.
ChelleP

New Sheltie Owner!

Postby ChelleP » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:37 pm

Hello all!

I'm happy to say that I am now a proud owner of a sheltie puppy! I decided I would join this community of sheltie lovers. I have had dogs all my life but first time owning a sheltie and it has been a joy; he is such a love bug! He is a lovely 12 week old blue Merle male named Koda. We brought him in a week ago and I had a few questions...

1. How long does it usually take for a sheltie to be mostly potty trained? We are in the process of teaching him to ring the potty bell when he needs to go. Hoping he will at least pick up on when to ring it if he needs to go very soon.

2. His ears seem to be pricked most of the time only for the exception of when he's tired, one of his ears tends to droop a bit. Will they stay pricked or do they still have a chance of tipping as he passes his teething stage? They're adorable either way, but just curious. Sometimes I laugh so hard cause those ears of his look huge sometimes on his little body at the moment! :lol:
Attachments
IMG_2380.JPG
My Koda's first time at the beach!
Hanne

Re: New Sheltie Owner!

Postby Hanne » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:34 am

Hi Chelle - Congratulations on your little beautiful Koda.

I can see here are more new times owner in the forum to day :)

I'm also the first time owner of Shelties- this race is absolutely wonderful, but has a very sencetivt mind,

So my best advice is to read everything you can find about Shelties

1. potty trained?
It is very different, but I have always done a lot of work in this, so my dogs incl. my Sheltie has been clean very, very fast, but it requires that you always are ready :) to take them outside and stay there until they are done.

2: sorry not much help

Since my english is not so good, just get a nice description
(copy and paste this it into your browser) http://njsheltierescue.org/sheltie_right.html
My 1. Sheltie (tricolor - born 10 July 14)
Excuse my bad English !!!

Return to “Newbies, General Chat, Meetups”