Blue Buffalo food.

What to feed your Sheltie for optimum health and happiness.
maygunn

Blue Buffalo food.

Postby maygunn » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:01 pm

I currently have Bandit on Blue Buffalo dry food. Which I know is a good brand to feed your dogs. He acts like he doesn't want to eat the dry stuff. He is always trying to steal Ellie's can food from her. Should I do the same thing that we are doing with Ellie, canned food with some dry mixed in? He also seems to gain more weight on canned.
Owned by Frito Bandito (:
KenRC51

Re: Blue Buffalo food.

Postby KenRC51 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:54 am

Of course Bandit like the canned food better, it probably taste better. I wouldn't give in and give him canned food if you don't plan to. When Bandit get hungry enough he will eat the kibbles. Blue Buffalo makes great kibbles. My gf's dog is on BB wilderness salmon and loves it.

Daisy was on canned food when she was a puppy. Non of my dogs get canned food so when Daisy came home she didn't eat her kibbles for about 3 days. Then when she got hungry enough she gave in and started eating. Now shes on Innova EVO red meat and loves it.
Tamms

Postby Tamms » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:38 pm

LOL! I think all dogs like the canned stuff better. I used to feed Luna a combo of canned and dry.. you can do that too but just check that the amount is roughly the same as you would feed dry... For Luna, I fed her 1/4 cup dry with about 1/4 of a large can... I was feeding Blue Buffalo dry and Merrick canned. Now, I switched her to Blue Buffalo Wilderness and have taken away the canned as she also easily gains weight. I switched due to her scratching a lot, which I suspected was a grain allergy. Trust me, your pup will eat the dry if that's the only option. ;)
Jjennile

Postby Jjennile » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:20 am

My dogs had a lot of trouble with the blue buffalo and I hear others have as well .. My dogs used to actually pick out the life source bits and only eats small Amounts of the actual kibble portion .. But they are extremely picky but After reading where it was affecting dogs nervous systems etc I stopped

feedingfidoandfluffy.com/complaints-about-blue-buffalo-pet-foods/

Panda after they were coughing up weird looking vomit vet said to stop feeding ... As ther are enough complaints to cause concern but not enough for a recall

There was also a news report out blue is also manufactured by a third party just like costco dog foods etc ... Can't find the article but between the two it was enough to steer me away
Shirleyj

Postby Shirleyj » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:04 pm

Pertaining to Blue Buffalo Dry,or any kind of
dry food;it does,& can get old. Moisture really
helps sometimes; that can add a little flAvor.
One can say that if a dog gets hungry enough he'll eat the dry .
If a dog waits too long,& the human is trying to prove a

stubborn point-as if the dog was human, it's
just not fair or smart.
I knew someone once whom had a very small
breed dog -& it passed with torsion of the stomach.
Does that sound wise to you?
Of course it depends on how much trouble or care you wish to give to your dog.
Shirleyj

Postby Shirleyj » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:10 pm

Isn't it awful when you can't depend on "supposedly" good dog food? I hate hearing
about the "Blue Buffalo".
So, where do you go next?
Mugga

Postby Mugga » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Whatever the kibble, they are all questionable as to true contents and where it's made. (china?) Also how old is it. Expiration dates? I research my best, but as a little insurance, I add a little meat cut up in tiny pieces. My recently adopted Sheltie (His person died) goes crazy for it.

Return to “Food and Nutrition”