New Puppy: Ice

For general Sheltie chat, local meetups, and new members to introduce themselves.
Ice

New Puppy: Ice

Postby Ice » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:51 pm

Recently we got a new shetland sheepdog puppy. She is a blue merle puppy, and is aged 8 weeks. She is getting better at going to washroom outside and we are proud of her. As a first time dog owner, I feel very happy and look forward to every day. Ice is very energetic, and everyone is excited to meet her, as in my neighboorhood no one has a sheltie! She is never afraid to run up to strangers and jump up to greet them. And at the end of the day, Ice will snuggle up on my lap and love to recieve a belly rub! I made one mistake, I let Ice sleep on the bed! Now she refuses to go anywhere else to sleep! But I look forward to other times with Ice. :D :) :D :D :D
Anto

Re: New Puppy: Ice

Postby Anto » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:21 am

Welcome Ice and your mum or dad :)

Enjoy puppyhood because it goes very very quickly :). And don't feel too bad about sleeping on the bed - that's where my girl likes to snooze, and I love it.

Look forward to seeing lots of new photos.

Warm regards

Antoinette and Mia :)
Hanne

Postby Hanne » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:36 am

Ice wrote:I made one mistake, I let Ice sleep on the bed! Now she refuses to go anywhere else to sleep!

Absolutely not a mistake :D it ties a good bond between you both - if she had siblings, they would also lie together until they become more self-employed.
Congratulations with little Ice
My 1. Sheltie (tricolor - born 10 July 14)
Excuse my bad English !!!
Ice

Postby Ice » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:35 pm

Thank You!
Your right. It is very comfortable to sleep with a puppy! :lol:
Hanne

Postby Hanne » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:38 pm

I really enjoy sleeping with my dogs, although my last 2 German Shepherds filled up a lot. :lol:
My little Minnie does not want to lie in my bed anymore - she'd rather sleep on the big shepherd's pillow ;)
My 1. Sheltie (tricolor - born 10 July 14)
Excuse my bad English !!!

Return to “Newbies, General Chat, Meetups”