Greetings.....

For general Sheltie chat, local meetups, and new members to introduce themselves.
kat

Greetings.....

Postby kat » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:21 pm

So here is my story.....On Thanksgiving day of 2017, my niece who is a vet tech brought with her a 9 day old sheltie puppy. The puppy was born with a cleft palate and the breeder brought her into the vet to be euthanized. Instead of euthanasia, the vet put the puppy on an every 2 hour tube feeding schedule. What a cutie she was and I fell in love. I will only adopt dogs and have been wanting a puppy. My current dog is an awesome 11 year old mix (cattle dog/american eskimo) who we adopted when she was 1 from a local humane society. Anyway....I told my niece that this dog needed to be mine and I named her Holly as she was going to be my holiday pup. I have been waiting patiently since that day. The vet performed surgery on the cleft palate last week and it went very well. I have to wait 2 more weeks to bring my baby home. I have never owned a Sheltie, but it seems that they have traits similar to my current dog. Vocal..yup. Herding...yup. Loyal...yup. Quirky...yup. Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Kathy
Ice

Re: Greetings.....

Postby Ice » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:27 pm

Hello! Hope you have a great time here! Welcome, kat. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :P
Anto

Re: Greetings.....

Postby Anto » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:13 pm

How wonderful!!!

Return to “Newbies, General Chat, Meetups”