Neveah is to be feared.

For general Sheltie chat, local meetups, and new members to introduce themselves.
Nevaeh

Neveah is to be feared.

Post by Nevaeh » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:55 am

I have had my dog Nevaeh for 8 years. Shes smart, funny and loves squeaky ball. Unfortunately both my bf and i have had serious injuries from 'us yelling at each other' and her biting us. I had 16 stitches one day. He had more. I have been bitten SEVERAL times on my ankles, legs, and hand throughout the years. I know her triggers. Or so i think i do. She attacked Gemini for things like "thunder'. Gemini died at 10. I think she could have lived longer but i was stupid and didnt know this was happening and the seriousness until it was too late. Geminis legs suffered from Nevaeh until I finally realized what was happening and kept them separate. Now I have Lulu. She was my sisters dog and my sister could no longer care for her. Smart as a whip. Sweet, loving old dog. Ten years old. Nevaehs mama is who she is. Now Nevaeh is attacking lucy. I have locked her up, muzzled her, caged her, and then start to think that shes being better. And she was. For awhile. Shes attacked lulu because i got off the couch and lulu was on her bed under me. Shes attacked her for food, yes. Which was wierd for her. She never attacked over that before. But she also attacked like last night when lulu became open season for her. We went to a church field last night to run those two and my pit. Nevaeh didnt have squeaky which she HAS to have squeaky. And now i know if she had squeaky she wouldn't have attacked. So it was very dark and lulu was rolling in the grass. Nevaeh took this as an opportunity to jump on her and start biting her everywhere. I ran to them. Got nevaeh up. Put her in the car with the leash in the door. Came home. Caged her. Checked Lucys wounds. They hurt her but not as bad as Nevaehs done before to all of us. Put her in another room with the cage. Turned off the lights. I took her mama back out with me and when I came back i opened the door and left her in the cage so she could at least hear me. Finally at bed time she wanted to sleep by me at her spot by the bed. I put her in the cage and she slept there all night. Lulus afraid of her. She looks depressed and has a look of abuse on her face. Like i said shes very smart. I only have to tell lulu ONE TIME anything and she does or does not do what i say. So shes thinking she cant even roll in the grass now without being attacked. Nevaeh took that enjoyment from Gemini years ago. Attacking her for playing with sticks. Ive been so angry at times i have thought about putting her down. But I can't. I love her. Shes my little girl. I dont understand why she attacks other dogs for such strange reasons. I understand her attacking us when we argue. But not other dogs. Ahw scares me. I worried last night as i was putting her in the car she would attack me. I just want to know if anyone else has ever experienced this kind of thing with their shelties? And is there any hope?