Sleepy Puppy

Flea & tick prevention, worming, vaccinations, de-sexing and other health and grooming issues.
jscfadvj

Sleepy Puppy

Postby jscfadvj » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:59 pm

Wondering if this is normal. We have an 8 month old Sheltie and she seems to sleep a lot. She is active when outside and has generally good energy level. We find however that she tends to fall asleep at the drop of a hat when we have her in the house unless we are actively engaging her. She tends to retreat to her sleep area or go under beds and just lay down and close those eyes. We'll be lounging on the couch and petting her and she'll fight to keep those eyes open. She is just finishing her first cycle and we thought maybe that had something to do with it. Any thoughts to a general rule of thumb as to a sleep/awake time for this age of dog? We had our last Sheltie for so many years and can't remember if this was normal. Any comments are appreciated. Thank you.
Hanne

Re: Sleepy Puppy

Postby Hanne » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:59 am

If she is active when you are active, I would take it easy, a dog have sleep a lot, many hours a day, but it must not be blunt (drowsiness)

But maybe I just wanted to check her veterinarian.

But for me, it sounds like a "wish" dog. :D
My 1. Sheltie (tricolor - born 10 July 14)
Excuse my bad English !!!